About Coach T
2013 IAU Trail World Championships - A story of SUPPORT and TEAM WORK The TTC blog.
Endurance Sport Coach
National Team Athlete
As an elite level athlete with a desire to share my development, I believe adversity causes some people to break; others to break records. The benefits of competition bring out the best (or worst) in people whether competing with yourself or others in the sport. I believe exceptional leadership as a Fitness Director, Coach or as an elite athlete can only occur with a very strong ability to care, mentor and connect with your athletes and clients. Mission and core values must be aligned to overcome significant changes and challenges as a team.
As an evidence-based researcher, with three NCCP coaching certifications (triathlon/track/kayaking), my Honors Kinesiology degree and cumulative work experience as a professional coach, pro-trainer and Kinesiologist, I have enjoyed reciprocally creating hope from personal performance measurement. Understanding data from Functional Movement Screening and talent/fitness identification (employing VO2, BMR, gait/stroke analysis, PST, cycling power, running economy and relative strength testing), have allowed my clients to experience “personal reinvention” and the power of lifestyle management.
What does Coach T expect from you?
Work Ethic - Passion - Accountability - Integrity - Team work
Photo (above left): Rob congratulates Chris Cameron with a 20th overall and 3rd AG performance at the 2013 Chatham YMCA triathlon.
* Coach T has been nationally podium ranked in 5 sports; quadrathlon / marathon kayak / masters track / KOS triathlon / trail ultramarathon. With the a 100 fold athletic range, from 800m to 50 miles - Coach T understands endurance sport *
- Quadrathlon: World Cup Champion 1999 & 3x nationals podium, 2002 captain of national team
- Triathlon: 5th place Ironman 2011 (1st Cdn, 1st M30-34) & 3rd 1990 KOS Nationals
- Duathlon: 2nd place elite 2011 Kingston duathlon, Adidas Duathlon series winner 1994
- Swimming: Western University captain 1999 / open water mile swim champion 2000 (15:24 ~ 1350m)
- Kayaking: 6th (1st Cdn.) elite 2008 USA nationals – marathon kayaking (25k)
- Cycling and MTB: 40k TT champion (57:07) Windsor 2004, 20k TT (PB 27:58) Leamington 2006, 1997 Scanlon Creek Champion, 24h Hardwood Hills finisher
- Track & Road Running: 4th (1st Cdn.) 800m USA masters nationals, 5k 16:04 (CNE 1999), 15k 51:39 @ 3:27/km (MSNR 2007)
- Trail ultrarunning: #2 man on World Team and 35th / 120 at World Championships Wales 2013, Chicago DPR 50 mile 6:47 (DPR 2012), 2nd and Course Record at Creemore 50k, 2012