About Coach T
2013 IAU Trail World Championships - A story of SUPPORT and TEAM WORK The TTC blog.
College Manager / Fitness Director
Endurance Sport Coach
National Team Athlete
Rob Tranter (36) from London, Ontario is an OCT (Ontario College of Teachers) certified teacher (10 years) with an honours specialist in exercise science and holds 3 NCCP coaching certifications. Rob is a College Manager of Faculty Develoment, Fitness program Director and EQ-Coach responsible for staff and student development.
As a student, Rob completed an Honours Kinesiology degree and competed as a 3-sport varsity athlete for Western University. A thesis in exercise nutrition, a teacher's college diploma, additional OCT qualifications complete Rob's formal education, but his best education has occured as a self-made visualization and goal-setting professional. Currently, Rob uses running as transport to/from work, modeling time management for everyone with legs and a heart!
What does Coach T expect from you?
Work Ethic - Passion - Accountability - Integrity - Team work
Photo (above left): Rob congratulates Chris Cameron with a 20th overall and 3rd AG performance at the 2013 Chatham YMCA triathlon.
* Coach T has been nationally podium ranked in 5 sports; quadrathlon / marathon kayak / masters track / KOS triathlon / trail ultramarathon. With a 200 fold athletic range, from 800m to 100 miles - Coach T understands endurance sport *
- Quadrathlon: World Cup Champion 1999 & 3x nationals podium, 2002 captain of national team
- Triathlon: 5th place Ironman 2011 (1st Cdn, 1st M30-34) & 3rd 1990 KOS Nationals
- Duathlon: 2nd place elite 2011 Kingston duathlon
- Swimming: Western University captain 1999 / open water mile swim champion 2000 (15:24 ~ 1350m)
- Kayaking: 6th (1st Cdn.) elite 2008 USA nationals – marathon kayaking (25k)
- Cycling and MTB: 40k ITT champion (57:07) Windsor 2004, 20k ITT (PB 27:58) Leamington 2006, 1997 Scanlon Creek Champion, 24h Hardwood Hills finisher
- Track & Road Running: 4th (1st Cdn.) 800m USA masters nationals, 5k 16:04 (CNE 1999), 15k 51:39 @ 3:27/km (MSNR 2007)
- Ultramarathon Trail: #2 man on World Team and 35th / 120 at World Championships Wales 2013, Chicago DPR 50 mile 6:47 (DPR 2012), 2nd and Course Record at Creemore 50k, 2012